Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

In Response to: How Do You Cook Your Adobo?

A dear friend of mine, Connie of Connie's Notebook asked this question: How do you cook your adobo?

Here's how I cook mine:

  • pork shoulder and chicken breast (I don't know how much though! LOL, approximately 3 pieces of pork shoulder cut into small cubes and 1 1/2 chicken breasts -- skinless and deboned)
  • one whole garlic crushed (sometimes I even put more! I love garlic!)
  • 1 cup vinegar
  • 3/4 cup soy sauce
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1-2 bay leaves 
  • peppercorns or black pepper
***I also use pork butt or pork belly sometimes.


I put everything in a pot, boil for 10 minutes and then simmer for another 30 or until tender. I like mine with a little sauce so I don't let it dry up. Serve with hot steaming rice and a side of tomatoes and cilantro salad! YUM!

Simple? Yes. But adobo is a very tricky dish for me to make, which is why it's the only dish that I actually measure!

What about you? How do you make your adobo? :)



1 comment:

  1. Interesting!!! Sige, try ko 'tong CPA mo minsan. I still haven't got my CPA right. For some reason, yucky ang amoy to me. Hahahaha.

    Is pork butt = pork pigue?

    ReplyDelete